Springfield Grange No. 1523 - Exterior

Springfield Grange No. 1523 - Exterior - The Farmers' Museum
Creator: 
Title: 
Springfield Grange No. 1523 - Exterior
Date: 
Identifier: 
F0005.2011(23)
Description: 
Photographic Print. The image shows the exterior of the Springfield Grange No. 1523 located in Springfield, New York. In the image is a white, clapboard building. A covered, front entrance door with a SPRINGFIELD GRANGE NO 1523 sign above it is on the left side of the building. Another double entrance door is on the right wing of the building, and a covered, exterior stairway is on the right side of the wing. The Springfield Grange was organized on 10/03/1932 with thirty charter members. The building was built in 1864 and was originally the Springfield Academy. The Grange Hall was purchased from the Maccabee's for $1000 and the first meeting was held in the building on 5/01/1933. (This information was adapted from "Otsego County Pomona Grange: The History of Otsego County Granges," published in 1972 by the Otsego County Pomona Grange). On the reverse of the photograph is handwritten: SPRINGFIELD GRANGE # 1523/2001/ANDY BAUGNET.
Physical dimensions: 
print size 8" X 10"